Saturday 1 February 2014

Music Slut

Music Slut

The other day, my wonderful friend called me a "music slut". I'm still not entirely sure what this is, but when I asked the person in question, they simply referred me to my own main Spotify playlist, which currently has 1153 tracks and is 64 hours long, and expands regularly. Whilst I still don't have a definition for music slut, looking at those statistics, it looks like he might have a point.

I decided to make up a few questions, and answer them. Because #yolo literally my entire life is one drawn out playlist of songs and music. The same wonderful friend described me as "Lost in Stereo," a few minutes after this. Feel free to answer these questions if you like :)

Favourite 4 bands?
[4 is a good number, okay. It leaves room for the all time favourite band, and the others that you know deserve mention!

My Chemical Romance. I've said this before. They're amazing, they have a wonderful evolution through the albums and were definitely one the best post-hardcore, and later punk rock bands I've heard.
Falling in Reverse - they're one of very few bands that I literally love all the songs to. That might be because they've only released 2 albums, but I remain the eternal optimist.
Green Day. They are a staple, they make up the bulk of my main Spotify playlist. I love at least one song from every album, and there are a lot of albums.
Blink-182 got me into skate punk, and are now to blame for my current obsession about learning to skateboard.

Favourite solo singers?
Marilyn Manson, David Bowie and Bribry. Although Tom Milsom's music is really happy and uplifting and always makes me smile. And he has flipping awesome hair. I would steal it if I could.

All time favourite song?
Jesus of Suburbia.

First album you bought?
I was a bit of a pop-punk obsessive when I was around seven so I do believe it was Room on the 3rd Floor by Mcfly.

Current obsession song?
Walking Disaster, Sum 41. Don't ask me why. I won't remember in a week. Two days ago it was "The Drug in Me is You."

Favourite Cover song?
"Beautiful Delilah", covered by The Strypes. "Maybe Somebody That I Used to Know" by Mayday Parade. Or maybe Korn and "Kidnap the Sandy Claws"

What's your genre?
Mostly punk rock. A bit of skate punk, a bit of punk pop. Other stuff. I don't know...

First concert?
The Strypes, at the Electric Ballroom in Camden.

Favourite rock opera?
The Black Parade. Definitely.

Favourite "small band"?
Uptown Mayhem. Just listen to them. They're wonderful. Punk rock and grunge with a powerhouse of a singer in Abby, they're amazingly talented. I wish I lived in Chicago! So badly...

Secret Musical Indulgence?
Musicals. All the musicals. West Side Story, Matilda, anything really. And then I belt it out in the shower. Same goes for Disney songs. And Starkid! So much Starkid! love.

What were you listening two a year ago?
I was going through my indie/ rediscovering old records-ey phase. A lot of The Undertones. A lot of Blondie. Squeeze, obviously. Stuff like that. And Teenage Dirtbag on repeat. I never will get Wheatus out of my head.

Two?
I went through a grunge phase, although I was pretty narrow minded when it came to bands. Mostly Pearl Jam and Nirvana, to be honest. But a lot of those bands. I've always been obsessive about music. I need it in the background of my life.

What are you currently listening to?
My playlist is currently on Shuffle. While I wrote this answer, it just shifted from Ruby Tuesday by The Rolling Stones to Strange Love by Karen O to Fuck the Rest by Falling in Reverse. (I got a cup of tea halfway through.)

Can you play any instruments?
I sing, quite well. Classical Italian and Musicals. I play the harmonica kind of decently, mostly because I heard Billie Joe play it in Minority and I really wanted to learn the part. I was an annoyingly fangirl-ey 13 year old...

Lyric that you wait for the perfect opportunity to quote?
Nobody's perfect and I stand accused. Please, someone call me perfect. (Pfft that will never happen.)

Are you in a band?
I wish. None of my friend are into the same kind of music as me. I've been trying to form/join one for about a year now, because it's all I've ever wanted to do.

Have I missed anything important out? I can't remember. Never mind. This is another one of the those annoying stuff about me posts, so I'll try and cut them out in future. Hey ho. Ho hey.

Bella x

No comments:

Post a Comment