Friday 7 February 2014

People who Annoy me on the Internet

People who annoy me on the Internet

I'm annoying. I'm on the internet. I am a bigoted, hypocritical bitch. But hey ho! Let's go for it. They say it isn't a blog until you've posted a list. (Actually, I think I made that last bit up. Leave me alone! I'm new at this!)

1. THE SHOUTY CAPS LOCK PERSON OMFGGG!
SAYING EVERYTHING USING CAPS LOCK DOES NOT MAKE YOU SMARTER OR EVEN LOUDER. And neither does excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!!! ALL IT DOES IS MAKE ME FLINCH AND GET A LITTLE SCARED OF YOU!!!!!!!

2. The pedant
Dubbed "Grammar Nazis", these people are more than a little annoying. Sometimes, it's worth it. Sometimes someone has used such excessively bad spelling and lack of punctuation that I can't read it easily. But more often than not, they pop up on a comment you or a friend made late a night and yell that I should "never end a sentence with a preposition!" or that "the subjunctive belongs there!" There is a time and a place for these people (please help me with my English controlled assessment) but you have no place on the comment I made about peanut butter at 10 last night. It was probably a typo anyway.

3. The "lets try to get a rise out of her/him"
And guess what? Pedants from number two. I know that "lets" should be "let's". What are you gonna do about it? Do you see what I mean? They're the people on feminist pages who comment about how nice a girl's tits are, just to see how many people they can get to yell back at them. They are the people who find the most hardcore Star Wars fans just to comment that "“Thank god Lucas added the double “no” in Return of the Jedi", if they've done they're research, or if they haven't just "Star Wars sucks, lol!" When in doubt, these people often resort to homophobia. If they had their way, they would have "faggoty gay homos" plastered over the foreheads of everybody they could find.

4. The uber fan
At the other end of the spectrum, you have the fangirls, fanboys (fanmen fanwomen?) who cannot cope with the slightest bit of criticism. I loved Harry Potter, but the second you mention that you didn't think that Snape was anything other than god, then at least one of them will descend, like vultures to a carrion. Disney? Great, but I think that the lyrics "where they cut off your ear if you don't like your face" are racist. But no. I am a mild mannered monster who should probably be stabbed. This is not all fans. This is not all fangirls, boys, fanmen fanwomen... they are the select few who ruin my cosplay with the line - "That badge is proportionally too short." Thanks.

5. The exaggerator
Exaggeration can be funny, nay hilarious. It's the bold faced lying, which, because I am so gullible and stupid trusting and kind, I take to be true and then share around my friends. Did you know that 47 people die because they are allergic to memory sticks every year? And if tigers could speak, because of their bone structure they would have a lisp? Or even that, yeah, over the weekend I had an amazing party and One Direction turned up? Me neither.

6. The censor-er
This one is really short. If you are going to swear, swear. Fuck. Shit. Cunt. Bitch. Whore. If you are uncomfortable with swearing online, then don't. Flipping? Fine by me. Shizzle? Yup. But it's the f***s and the b****es and the c*nts that p*** me the f*** off.

Obviously I could go on. For a long time. A long, long time. But for now, these are a few people who press all the wrong buttons. Who pisses you off online?


No comments:

Post a Comment